JOHN RODGERS

Hillsborough Hall was occupied by John Rodgers of Abbeydale (1779 to 1859).  He purchased it in 1838 from the family of John Rimington Wilson and appears in local records of 1844 and 1848 as John Rodgers of Hillsborough. 

The Hall subsequently passes to Edward Bury in 1852.

John Rogers worked for the Cutlery business, Joseph Rogers and Sons. 

For more information about the company and the Rogers family click on the picture below......

 

 

Back to History

 






Community Web Kit provided free by BT